Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Studio

For many years now, I have been dreaming of a space that I could use to whatever purpose I wished.  A space where I could smudge, drum, sing, journey, dance, yoga, paint, and of course knit, sew, crochet and weave.  This would be a space that I could go into, and hang a sign that says, 'working~ giving out big hugs when I am done'.  Also, it needs to be a place where I can create beautiful videos.

Eventually, I see a 'shed' in the back yard, where I can also work with people shamanically, assisting in whatever way is needed, as well as it being a studio.

However, the backyard space is a bit away yet, but I am very aware that a space is needed now.  Actually, it is long overdue.

Today, my kids and I began to clear out the basement, and we have a corner cleared, ready to scrub.  This is going to be my studio for as long as it needs to be.  The walls are going to be created out of blankets or curtains, and this will be where I continue to create commissioned pieces for other people.

This space was needed because as I knit and create, I have begun to really focus on holding intent, and journeying to connect with the yarn to bring through the energy that will help make the piece the most special that it can be.  This is work that needs its own space, that needs a special space, seperate from the goings on in the rest of my house.  We have a busy family here, and there are often different sounds, and activities in the same room.  Most of my family does not like the smell of smudge.  It is a feeling that I have that creating this are will mean that my clients, as well as my family and myself will benefit from this work/play/dream area.

I will post before and after pics as soon as I have them available.

What is it that you need to really begin to create?  What do you have to clear?  What do you need to do to make it happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment