Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Secret project musings

No, this is not a bowl of spaghetti, though when my wonderful husband came home from work the first night that I worked on this, he was wondering what kind of pasta dish I was cooking up... I do love pasta.   
This is a bowl of yummy yarn, soaking in a vinegar mordant.  A mordant is usually a mineral that helps colour to stay in the item that is being dyed.  So, this was preparation for using a natural dye.  In this instance, the natural dye that was used was beet juice.  The yarn turned out a really lovely pink colour.
I have really enjoyed my delvings this summer into creating my own yarn, though I have fallen a little behind from what I had been hoping to accomplish, because I have been creating so many projects, and I have been following my connection with water to see where this will take me.

I have been thinking for a long while about how little most people understand about yarning, as well as how many benefits come from the act of yarning.    Benefits are received for the yarner(creator), as well as the yarnee(receiver).  The love and light that we hold as we create items for ourselves and others becomes translated into the creation that we are working on, and people who receive these gifts can feel this love.
I think about this, and I wonder if I have put as much love and light into the objects that I have been creating as I could, and I know that there is room for improvement.  I follow this train of thought, and see where it leads me.

This train of thought and where it leads me, are heading in the direction of the Secret Project that is brewing in my mind and imagination.  It is an idea that excites and inspires me, and I am working hard to make sure that others will be just as excited, and inspired when they join on to explore this idea.

I am moving forward:  Creating, inspiring, loving, grounded, and joyful.  I wonder what great souls will join , because at first, there can only be a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment