Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Queen Snake toy pattern is coming!


I have been working hard getting the Queen Snake toy pattern completed, and it should be available for purchase soon.  This pattern is the beginning of a series of creations that are inspired by the wonderful Maitland River.  The Maitland River is me, my family, and my community.  The water of the world has the power to unite us.  It also has the power to divide us.  I listen with both sets of ears as I learn how to spread ripples of unity.

The Queen Snake is a small snake, growing no bigger than 58 cms.  It has a green or brown back, and 4 stripes on its belly.  It is nonvenomous, and loves to eat molted crayfish. They love to live in trees that hang over the water. This snake is threatened in the Maitland Valley watershed.  Often this is from habitat destruction or pollution.   

I am interested in hearing if you have seen these snakes, and would be thrilled to see pictures of these snakes in the Maitland River!

No comments:

Post a Comment